Minnesota North College Bookstore Policies
- Subject to change without notice as we receive updates from publishers, faculty, and registration.
- We reserve the right to make substitutions if books are not available in the condition or format requested. Example: if a used book is requested and is not available, we will substitute with a new book and the dollar amount will change if substitutions are needed.
- All totals are calculated as an estimate, final charge may vary.
- Minnesota North College Store accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
- Students are allowed to charge to their student account as long as a financial commitment has been made (FAFSA received by school, student has paid $300 or 15%, 3rd party funding received and approved by school, or student has set up an official payment plan).
- Dates allowed: two weeks prior to the 1st day of the semester through the 6th day of the semester.
- Required information: Minnesota North College 8-digit Student Tech ID# (This is different than your StarID). Your Tech ID is displayed on your e-Services site.
- Students are responsible for all charges not covered by financial aid or other funding sources.
- Students are responsible for checking their account balance in e-Services (no invoices will be mailed).
- Account balances must be paid in full no later than the 25th business day of the term.
- Allowed items: textbooks, course materials, study aids, kits, and required uniforms and equipment offered through the college store.
Shipping (Direct to residence of your choice)
- Orders will be processed in the order they are received.
- Allow up to 3-7 business days for orders to be processed and shipped.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- We use Speedy, UPS, and USPS for shipping and it is the student’s responsibility to enter accurate shipping information. Please note, shipping address may need to be changed based on shipping company chosen.
- Lost, damaged, defective, or inaccurate items must be reported to [email protected] within one week of order process.
Orders Not Picked Up
Online orders not picked up within 10 business days of term start will be shipped to the student at their expense.
Web orders may be cancelled prior to being processed.
Minnesota North College receipt or packing slip is required for all returns.
- Textbooks and required materials may be returned for a full refund through the 6th day of the term. Items must be returned to the store or received at the distribution center by this day.
- Books must be returned in their original condition, including any shrink-wrap (no water damage, marks, highlighting, bent pages, or corners).
- Bundles must be unopened.
Access Card/Digital Format Items
- Access cards must be returned by the 6th day of the term.
- Access cards are non-returnable if scratched, opened, activated, or used.
- Digital format items must be returned within 14 days of order receipt (not to exceed the 6th day of the term.)
Items to be returned to campus stores or to:
Minnesota North College Store
1515 East 25th Street
Hibbing, MN 55746
Art Supply Returns
- Art supplies are considered final sales and non-returnable.
- Apparel must be unworn and in new condition with tags to be eligible for return/exchange.
- General merchandise must be returned in new condition.
- Contact the store staff prior to making any merchandise changes.
- Access codes will not be opened/scratched by bookstore staff.
- All codes/cards will be sold in store or shipped unaltered.
- PSEO students are responsible for placing orders for textbooks through the Minnesota North College Store.
- Required materials will be supplied by the bookstore.
- Bookstore staff have the right to make format substitutions for PSEO orders. Example: a used book may be substituted for a new book, a loose-leaf book may be substituted for hard copy textbook, etc.
- Books issued to PSEO students are the property of Minnesota North College and must be returned at the end of the current semester.
- Photo ID or order confirmation information required for book pick up.
- Notify College Store of noticeable damage to books prior to using them.
- PSEO returns and exchanges (beginning of semester)
- Books must be in original condition including any shrink-wrap (no water damage, marks, highlighting, bent pages, or corners).
- Original receipt or packing slip required for returns.
- Returns are required by the 6th day of the term.
- PSEO returns (end of semester – last day of finals of current semester)
- Books must be returned in good condition: No water damage, marks, extensive highlighting, bent pages or corners, and must include any packaged materials.
- Student is responsible for any damaged or non-returned books.
- Charges will be put on student’s account for books not returned by the last day of finals or books that are returned damaged.
- Art supplies and stand-alone access cards do not need to be returned
- Loose-leaf or binder items do need to be returned.
- Textbooks are the property of Minnesota North College.
- Notify the bookstore within the first 5 days of class if a rental book is not in acceptable condition upon arrival.
- Rental book returns for refund (beginning of semester)
- May be returned within the first 6 days of semester
- Original receipt or packing slip required
- Books must be in their original condition
- Rental book returns (end of semester)
- Must be returned in acceptable condition at end of semester (no water damage, marks, extensive highlighting, bent pages or corners, and must include any packaged materials).
- Due date: books are due on the last day of finals of the current semester.
- Accounts will be held, and charges will incur for damaged rentals and non-returned rentals after the return date (student will be charged for NEW book)
- Fall semester rentals are due in December (last day of finals)
- Spring semester rentals are due in May (last day of finals)
- Buyback is held twice per year during finals at the end of Fall and Spring semesters.
- The bookstore will buy back a limited number of used books that will be used the following semester.
- A book wholesaler may purchase additional textbooks on a supply and demand basis at their rate.
- Sell your books early - students get the most money for books at the beginning of the buyback when demand is highest.
- Study guides, lab manuals and workbooks usually have no value.
- Books replaced by a new edition usually have no value.
- Bookstore may refuse to purchase any book due to its condition.
- Online buyback is also available - Click the buyback icon on page for more information.
- $30 charge for NSF checks.
- Hold on records until paid.
- The information provided is the best information available at this time.
- All items on the booklist are subject to change due to class cancellations and/or reassignment of instructors.
- Minnesota North College cannot be held responsible for any items not purchased from us.